Join our First Annual Bags Tournament on September 21, following the Fall Festival parade for your chance to win CASH prizes while supporting the festival. Registration is limited to the first 32 teams, so make sure to register today to secure your spot. All registered participants will receive a free Fall Festival Koozie.
Tournament Rules and Details
- Date: Saturday, September 21st
- Location: Intersection of Beaver and Urbandale Avenues
- Time: Check in begins at 1:45pm & tournament starts at 2:00pm
- What to Expect: There will be a double-elimination bags tournament with up to 32 teams in competition. In the event a bye is needed due to an odd number of teams, the bye recipient(s) will be chosen at random
- Bags: Smash Park is providing the bags, so please do not BYOB!
Fees and Awards
There is a $30.00 non-refundable entry fee per team. This fee includes a Beaverdale Fall Festival Koozie for each team member.
In the event of inclement weather that causes the tournament to be cancelled, all entry fees will be refunded.
Each bag on the board = 1 point
Each bag in the hole = 3 points
Any bag touching the ground or bounced onto the box does not count and will be removed before the next bag is thrown.
Total points for each team will be determined using only these points that are not cancelled by the other team. For example, if Team 1 throws 1 bag in the hole and misses 3 bags for a total of 3 points and Team 2 throws 2 bags on the board and misses 2 bags for a total of 2 points, then Team 1 would receive 1 point.
The team who scores last has the first throw in the next round.
First team to reach 21+ points or the team with the highest points after 20 minutes has elapsed (whatever comes first) is declared the winner.
A tie will be resolved by additional rounds until a winner is determined.
Scoring is kept by teams and will be reported after each game.
1st Place: Cash Prize (60% of prize fund) + Trophy
2nd Place: Cash Prize (30% of prize fund)
3rd Place: Cash Prize (10% of prize fund)
*50% of all registration fees will go into the prize fund*