The Festival is not responsible for any injuries that occur to any parade participant, loss or damage to any entry by reason of weather, fire, accident, theft or any other cause. The Festival reserves the right to ask any participant to leave or remove an entry that is disruptive to the parade or in violation of Parade rules. Click here to see Frequently Asked Questions.
- All entries are $60. No refunds.
- The parade will go on rain or shine. The parade is only canceled due to severe or dangerous weather.
- Each entity, whether profit or nonprofit, is required to pay a parade entry fee. For example:
- If an umbrella organization has an entry in the parade, they pay $60
- If an affiliate of an organization wants to be in the parade, they must pay $60 for their own entry.
UMBRELLA ORGANIZATION AFFILIATE ABC School District Smith Elementary School National Political Party Senator John Doe or candidate John Doe Holy Lord Church Holy Lord Church Youth Group
- Complete and submit the online application and payment.
Make a check payable to: Beaverdale Fall Festival
- Both your application and payment must be received by Wednesday, September 6th in order for your entry to be placed in the lineup. Absolutely no exceptions
- You will receive an email confirmation once your entry has been received; you will be contacted if there are any questions or concerns about your entry
- If you have not received an email registration confirmation by September 8th, email [email protected] or call Terri at 515-229-0900.
- Email Terri with any changes to your entry that occur after your application is submitted.
Mail your application and payment to:Beaverdale Fall Festival
4023 Urbandale Ave #13254
Des Moines, IA 50310
NOTE: Your application can be filled out electronically and emailed to [email protected], however the payment must be mailed.
- No more than two (2) motorized vehicles per entry; must be driven by an adult. No exceptions
- No animals are allowed except dogs and cats, as long as they are on leashes. You are expected to clean up after your animals.
- No one is permitted to solicit or accept donations before, during or after the parade.
LOGISTICS BEFORE THE PARADE
- The parade line up will be posted online by mid-week (around September 13) so that you can plan your arrival time accordingly.
- Staging is in the north parking lot of Franklin Junior High, on the west side of 48th Street between Hickman and Franklin.
- The parade starts promptly at 10 am, goes south on 48th Street to Franklin, east on Franklin to Beaver, then north on Beaver.
LOGISTICS AFTER THE PARADE
- The parade officially ends at Beaver and Euclid.
- Vehicles connected with large groups, like bands, should wait near Iowa Realty on Beaver
- Vehicles in the parade usually exit the parade route by continuing north on Beaver to Douglas.
ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN
- Arrive at the staging area between 8 and 9:30 am, depending on your place in the line up. The first entry leaves the intersection of 48th & Franklin at 10 am; the last entry will leave First Federated about 11:15 am.
- Those placed at the beginning of the parade, including dignitaries and banner carriers, should arrive at the staging area no later than 9 am. Many people arrive early even if they know they are placed toward the back of the parade because they enjoy hanging out in the parking lot and visiting with the other entries. If you can’t decide when to show up, come at 9 am.
PLEASE SEE PARADE F&Qs FOR MORE INFORMATION INCLUDING:
- Click here for more F&Qs information
- If you’re driving a vehicle in the parade
- If you’re not driving a vehicle in the parade, but need to drive yourself to the staging area
- If you’re being dropped off
- Exceptions to the above rules